Sunday, August 5, 2007

That mountain ain't got nothin' on me...

Today I bounded up the Snow King Mountain. This was a hike that I did two weeks ago. On that hike by the 134th switchback I was drenched in sweat, bent over with my hands on my knees, and used the expression "Holy shit". This time I was feeling good. I even passed a mountain biker while he was struggling to keep his uphill momentum going. The only thing that put a damper on my hike was a little kid coming down the trail asked me if I had been running. "Why do you ask, you little twerp? No, I just sweat like a man in all situations, thank you very much." But after that unfortunate encounter, it was smooth sailing. Well, until I had to pull the dollar (to ride the gondola down) out of my sports bra and it was soaking wet. I had to wait a minute and let it flap in the wind before I felt comfortable giving it to the attendant.

I researched grants today for the non-profit I now find myself in charge of. It's hard because in the grant database these grants are so specific, and they all sound like worthy causes. So by the end of my search, I had changed the mission of the Global Community Project (youth leadership, environmental, international exchange) to a woman's studies, disabilities, health care, AIDS research, homeless, Jewish, economically disadvantaged program. I think I can really make an impact with the new mission of the Global Community Project.

My left arm is numb. Is that weird?

No comments: