Thursday, August 16, 2007

Counter Balance - We don't know what it is, but we have it


Sarah G and I went backpacking in the Tetons the other day. We went to a glacier lake right under the Grand. Right when we arrived at our little lake it started raining, but with the sun out. So we stood under a tree and waited for it to stop. Then we set up camp. It took 45 minutes to hang the bear bag. It was a lot of granny throws, rocks being flung in all directions, rocks flying out of the rope that we tied around them, rope getting tangled - but perserverance pays off and we finally hung the perfect bear bag - with counter balance. Then we sat down for a nice dinner for burnt pita pizzas.


I almost hit a moose the other day that ran into the road right in front of me.

I told a hot guy that I didn't need to eat any more fiberous food because I was regular.

Sarah and I have figured out the perfect way to find our way around Jackson. Go into a hotel and ask for directions. They automatically pull out a map and highlighter and highlight the path for you. It's wonderful. Now we have a collection of maps with little paths layed out for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your Tetons photo. It's now the wallpaper on my desktop. I might be interested in the April trip to Chile...

Stacy