Saturday, August 4, 2007

interaction

I have made a big transition. I have gone from a city of 8 million people to a town of about 800. I have gone from having Bill Murray as a neighbor, to having horses and cows as neighbors. From seeing hundreds of people a day, to just a couple a day - if I'm lucky. I have to be careful of this one. If it gets to be late in the day and I haven't had any social interaction, I have to go to the grocery store, stand in front of the peaches and try to have a conversation. "Ummm... gotta love those Washington peaches, eh?" If that doesn't work, I have to buy a peach so I can have a conversation with the cashier. "Yep, just one peach please. Gotta love those Washington peaches, eh?"

My social interaction yesterday was yoga class. It was taught by Janet, who sounded like Martha Stewart. Which is actually quite nice for a yoga teacher to sound like. If this job Martha has ever falls through, she could always market a yoga tape. I think I did really well because of my yoga pants. It made it look like I knew what I was doing. Well, until the end when we were having our nap time. Everyone was sitting up, while I was still in my fetal position.

1 comment:

seeshellywrite said...

laura laura. you even make cows, poopy toilets, and peaches seem intriguing. i heart you and i heart your blog.
-shelly