Tuesday, November 20, 2007

oh Eddie

So I got a job and it's 1 part depressing and 1 part funny. Ok, well I guess it's 1.5 parts depressing and .5 parts funny actually. It's at Eddie Bauer. I'm going to work at Eddie Bauer because no other place in the whole freakin' town of Jackson wanted to hire me. None of the cool coffee shops, yarn store, book store, restaurants, bike shop - no one. But the preppy Eddie Bauer hired me on the spot. And today when I tried to get out of it by being difficult telling them that I would be gone from Dec. 19-30th, they had no problem with it. Damn.

My only other option was Pizza Hut. I accidentally called them the other week thinking I was calling another restaurant. When they answered "Pizza Hut, how can I help you?", I figured what the hell and asked them if they were hiring anyway. The girl sounded really enthusiastic and I thought she was going to hire me over the phone. She asked me what I was thinking I wanted to do. I told her I saw myself working at the cash register or a server or something. So I left it that I was really excited about the job and I would be over soon to fill out an application so I could be officially hired.

But I am picking up freelance design jobs. So that is 0 parts depressing and all parts exciting.

No comments: